Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hi

Hi, I'm Heals. I'm unemployed, thousands of dollars in debt, and will soon be moving into my Honda Civic in order to rent out my apartment. That aside, I'm happy to join the staff of the Third Sleeve. My previous blog, the Ultra Mundane, recently became a victim of the financial crisis. Luckily, JGregs had a spot for me here. Simply put, I think this site has the potential to be different than the other 50,000 blogs out there: the writing is crisp, the design is hip, and the rants combine just the right amount of "I don't give a fuck" with "I give more of a fuck than anyone else alive."

JGregs and I go way back. We were roommates in college and once spent a spring break in Perth Amboy, NJ.

I'm not sure what form my blog posts will take, per se, but I think it's safe to say this guy pictured above will be heavily involved. I did a google image search for "sleeve" and this was on the first page. I've been trying to read the expression on his face and I can't tell if he's proud to be wearing a chain mail suit or slightly embarrassed. I'm trending towards embarrassed because I think this guys means business and he's probably upset because he has no matching gloves and his sword looks like it came from KB Toys.

I'm watching the Caps-Flyers game right now, and the Caps color man just used the word "efforting" in a sentence. "The Caps are efforting for their fifth straight road win." Excuse me while I peel my face off.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard, Heals. That guy looks kind of like Roethlisberger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screaming Bandejo, how did you find us here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pack up your things, boys. We've been found. We're moving on.

    ReplyDelete